Information about Story Mentoring with Dorit Sasson
Registering for story mentoring gives you the chance to get clear on your story and message and receive professional feedback from a transformational author on how your book can make a difference in the world.
Goals of Story Mentoring
First, my intention is to help you get “out of your way” so you can unearth those golden nuggets within you. If you’ve got a big message to share, a main issue you need to establish is a regular writing routine.
My goal is to help you see the bigger vision for your book, support you each step of the way and see how you can weave your uniquely personal story in your book that positions you as an expert in your topic. The clients I work with want to get published in the genre of self-help and inspiration based categories. This then means you need to get clear on what is you want to write and express that in the most meaningful and heartfelt way. In short, you need to write, write, write!
What Does a Mentoring Session Look Like?
- Includes 30 minutes of private phone mentoring, and a half hour to read your materials prior to each session.
- Discussion of my feedback to your work.
- Depending on your publishing goals, it makes sense to schedule weekly phone talk.
How You Benefit from Our Time Together
I know from firsthand experience writing my own transformational books, how clear and easy it was to get out of my way when I had someone to support me with my progress.
Depending on where you are in the grander scheme of things, we might spend a few sessions talking about your goals for the manuscript and getting clear before entering the feedback stage.
Each session is designed to give you greater clarity as you continue to put you pen to the page.
I bring my passion to storytelling and my gift of listening to help you write a book that represents your most authentic self.
Topics for mentoring sessions
- Your Ideal Reader
- Getting in touch with who you are and what you have to offer them (your philosophy)
- How your book solves a problem?
- Issues that your target reader feels
- How your title competes with others in the marketplace
- The parts of a book blurb (back cover)
- Repurposing some of the content of your book for “systems”
- Your webpages and URLs
- Book marketing 101 including front and back matter
Pre-writing and Writing
- Creating your outline
- How to weave your personal story, bring it to life
- Development of content
Building a working routine and accountability for writing
Pricing for Coaching
We discuss your needs concerning my fee and come up with something that works for both of us. I offer packages that are discounted for my regular hourly fee of 45 minutes. I bill you through Paypal. Checks are also accepted. Payment is due before our scheduled session.